Hydome provides doming services to the printing trade. Send us your printed labels and we will return them domed using an automotive grade polyurethane resin.
Hyforms are made using a thermal forming process. You send us artwork and we send back beautiful dynamic nameplates. Hyforms are the answer for customers who demand premium branding.
You do the printing, we do the doming.
HyDome provides doming services to the printing trade. The finished labels are sent to us by our customers and we dome them.
We do not sell directly to the end user. If you are an end user, please call the factory for your nearest HyDome partner.
Initial: Clear, semi-flexible, excellent clarity and gloss.
Accelerated Aging, RS-4 Sunlighter with Water Spray: After 500 hours exposure in an ultra-violet light and water spray apparatus, (estimated 3-5 years outdoor weathering) specimens show no significant surface deterioration, increase in hardness, shrinkage or noticeable color or gloss change.
Outdoor Weathering: Samples show no appreciable discoloration or loss of gloss after 5 years outside. Samples will tolerate temperatures between -45° F and 170° F.
Oven Aging: Specimens show no surface deterioration, shrinkage or increase in hardness after seven days in a hot air circulation oven at 170° F.
Humidity: Specimens show no color or gloss change or objectionable shrinkage after seven days in a humidity cabinet with a condensing atmosphere at 100° F., 100% R.H.
Salt Spray: Specimens show no change or promotion of corrosion to the surface which they are mounted after 22 hrs. exposure to a salt spray test.
Abrasion and Impact Resistance: Samples resist abrasion and impact down to -20° F.. Forced indentations recover completely due to resilient nature of the polyurethane polymer.
Cleanability: Samples clean easily without marring using a detergent solution, aliphatic hydrocarbon or denatured alcohol.
Solvent Resistance: Samples show no discoloration after being immersed in unleaded gasoline ten times for ten seconds with a drying time of twenty seconds between immersions.
Chemical Resistance: Samples show no significant color change or swelling after five minutes of exposure to the following chemical solutions: 5% KOH, 5% NaCl, 5% KCl 2, 20% H2SO4, 20% HCI.
- Labels need to be in sheet form, on STAY FLAT LINER or liner that is made of plastic (polyester, polystyrene, polyolefin, etc…) The only exception is for sample runs.
- Don’t die cut into or through the liner. Cutting through will result in high waste.
- No plain paper labels. Labels must be plastic (vinyl, polyester, polycarbonate, etc…). The exception is foil paper labels.
- The maximum sheet size is 19″ x 58″. Check with the factory for larger sheets.
- There is no minimum sheet size.
- Leave a minimum of 1/8″ between labels.
- Keep a minimum of 1/32 corner radius for outward facing corners. A 1/16″ minimum radius is needed for inward facing corners.
- Have 1/2″ liner on at least two opposing edges of the sheet.
- Keep the spacing between the labels consistent. If the spacing varies the waste percentage will soar. The sheet edge is used to register the dispensing nozzles to the decal.
- Kiss cut and strip waste.
- Over laminates and varnishes should be tested. They may compromise the adhesion and appearance of the domes.
- Special shapes may pose special problems. Please fax an outline of any special shapes with your quote request.
- Due to refraction, domes may affect colors. If the color match is critical, test runs should be done.
Labels with Form and Function
Hyform emblems are created using sophisticated nameplate technology. These versatile 3-D products can:
- Have metallic and non-metallic finishes
- Incorporate full-color graphics
- Make complex shapes and individual letters
- Are durable enough for exterior applications
Hyforms are useful in branding a wide variety of products such as automotive, electronics, appliances, and industrial machinery.
Using heat and pressure, a beautiful emblem is formed.
Materials are available for 5 to 7 year exterior grade durability.
Thickness can range from .040″ to .25″ with the typical product at .080″.
A large variety of materials and finishes are available including metallics, woodgrains, carbon fiber, solid colors, leather, etc…
A full range of graphics can be incorporated into the product including four color process.