Careers at William Frick & Company
William Frick & Company is always looking for talented and dedicated individuals. The first step to a successful and rewarding career at Frick begins by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Named one of the 'Best Places to Work for in Illinois' by the Daily Herald, we are an EOE with great benefits. Our most important advantage is that WE CARE. If you enjoy comaderie, being rewarded for hard work, and growing with a solid company, then Frick is the place for you.
Jr Production Artist
Compensation: Hourly, No Benefits
Position Type: Part-time
Candidates should be able to accurately implement quick revisions to match a client, Director or other team member's request in Adobe CS6 Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign. Artist must be well organized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines. The position includes running several output devices including solvent printers, plotters and laminators. Previous experience in a commercial sign or pressroom is preferred. Experience proofing, preflighting, prepress and familiar with image compression, file/color correction and optimization techniques.
Minimum skills/competencies/credentials/attributes to be considered:
• Associate Degree in accredited Graphic Design or related program, or
• 2+ Years working in Digital production Environment, or
• 3-5 Years in a Graphic Design, Sign-shop or In-house Marketing Department
• Excellent typesetting, verbal, math and communication skills
• Ability to work well both independently and with a team.
• Candidates may be asked to take a skills assessment test
• Portfolio to reflect experience
This is not a Design position. Primary responsibilities include operation of wide-format printers, cut plotters and hot-foil roll machines. Creation of print ready color separated files, manufacturing and inspection. Candidates who have experience with Mimaki and HP wide-format printers and Onyx or RasterLink RIP will receive top priority. This is a Temp -- Perm opportunity.