Careers at William Frick & Company
William Frick & Company is always looking for talented and dedicated individuals. The first step to a successful and rewarding career at Frick begins by contacting us at email@example.com.
Named one of the 'Best Places to Work for in Illinois' by the Daily Herald, we are an EOE with great benefits. Our most important advantage is that WE CARE. If you enjoy comaderie, being rewarded for hard work, and growing with a solid company, then Frick is the place for you.
Position reports to: Director of Operations & QA
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Medical, Life, 401K
Position Type: Full-time
Qualifications: Associate's degree or 2 – 5 years related experience.
The Materials Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Director of Operations & QA, the supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives, along with the general maintenance and upkeep of the warehouse. The supervisor performs supervisory, technical, and administrative duties including supplies procurement and warehousing operations. The supervisor is responsible for the training of staff consistent with work instructions and quality practices outlined in ISO control documents. The supervisor must effectively interface with Sales, Customer Service and Finance to resolve and prevent issues from impacting our customers or our company.
An Associate's Degree in operations management, business or related experience. Also, ongoing education and/or certification through APICS or similar organization.
• Minimum of at least two years of supervisory experience within a warehouse setting, or related materials planning, purchasing, and/or supply chain experience
• General inventory management certifications including cycle count training
• Time management, conflict management, and employee motivation training
• Attain mastery-level with ERP inventory management software functions
• Proficient with running and analyzing reports and exporting data into Excel
• Complete the Forklift Operator Train-the-Trainer course to train warehouse staff
• Manage the cycle count inventory and bin accuracy programs daily
• Perform the ABC analysis annually to reclassify inventory
• Manage the slow-moving inventory disposal process quarterly
• Reconciliation of negative inventory report
• Run Virtual Warehouse Inventory report monthly for sales to review & disposition
• Track and log inventory value level at the end of each day
• Run Scheduled Shipment report daily to notify Customer Service Reps what will ship
• Run PO Over shipments report daily after receiving is completed to ensure that approved overruns are shipped
• Purchasing responsibility for warehouse supplies
• Prepare KPI metrics for monthly warehouse meeting and for management review
• Assign and monitor workload for all warehouse staff and temporary labor
• Ensure that all warehouse employees are utilizing proper software to track actual time spent on jobs
• Prioritize picking assignments to ensure that outbound schedule is met for the day
• Investigate and resolve any inventory discrepancies affecting daily schedule and communicate to customer service
• Ensure that daily housekeeping duties are performed
• Maintenance of accurate shipping records to allow for tracing of all shipped products by performing daily inspection of packing lists to ensure that all items match sales order acknowledgments before shipments are picked up for delivery to allow for correcting before impacting the customer
• Ensure timely / accurate receipt of all incoming freight by noon of the day of arrival
• Knowledge, understanding and enforcement of company's quality policy, procedures and work instructions as they pertain to warehouse operations
• Supervisor is responsible for opening/closing of warehouse ensuring all service and bay doors are locked, machinery and computers turned off, heat/fans are turned off or set at appropriate setting and assign to someone else in his absence
• Performs other duties and analysis as assigned
• Knowledge of Excel with the ability to perform complex functions such as VLOOKUP's, statistical calculations, create macro's, and develop pivot tables
• Must possess a high degree of organizational skills with attention to detail
• Must be familiar with concepts and practices within the core disciplines of Inventory Management, Supply Chain, and Warehouse Management
• Must communicate effectively and professionally with all business units
• Must proactively communicate any known issues that have the potential to impact WFCO or our customers
Performance Measurement Criteria:
• Inventory management and control
• A record of disposing non-moving and slow-moving inventory quarterly
• A record of performing cycle counts daily
• Maintain Inventory Accuracy ≥ 90% increasing each year by at least 2%
• Maintain On-Time Shipping ≥ 95% each year
• Maintain On-Time Whse Job Completion ≥ 90% increasing each year by at least 2%
• Maintain Shipping Accuracy with the goal of ≥ 99.5%
Jr Production Artist
Compensation: Hourly, No Benefits
Position Type: Part-time
Candidates should be able to accurately implement quick revisions to match a client, Director or other team member's request in Adobe CS6 Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign. Artist must be well organized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines. The position includes running several output devices including solvent printers, plotters and laminators. Previous experience in a commercial sign or pressroom is preferred. Experience proofing, preflighting, prepress and familiar with image compression, file/color correction and optimization techniques.
Minimum skills/competencies/credentials/attributes to be considered:
• Associate Degree in accredited Graphic Design or related program, or
• 2+ Years working in Digital production Environment, or
• 3-5 Years in a Graphic Design, Sign-shop or In-house Marketing Department
• Excellent typesetting, verbal, math and communication skills
• Ability to work well both independently and with a team.
• Candidates may be asked to take a skills assessment test
• Portfolio to reflect experience
This is not a Design position. Primary responsibilities include operation of wide-format printers, cut plotters and hot-foil roll machines. Creation of print ready color separated files, manufacturing and inspection. Candidates who have experience with Mimaki and HP wide-format printers and Onyx or RasterLink RIP will receive top priority. This is a Temp -- Perm opportunity.