Careers at William Frick
William Frick is always looking for talented and dedicated individuals. The first step to a successful and rewarding career at Frick begins by contacting us.
William Frick is an EOE with great benefits. Our most important advantage is that WE CARE. This is one of the most warming, friendly, and down to earth companies. If you enjoy comaderie, being rewarded for hard work, and growing with a solid company, then Frick is the place for you.
Looking for a design intern with a print/production background, who is experienced in the Adobe CS Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign or Quark Xpress to collaborate in design development processes with the creative production team. Intern will also run digital print, lamination, and cutting equipment. A familiarity with print technologies, production .pdf and basic knowledge of html, CSS, and PHP, along with the ability to read engineering/CAD drawings and reproduce artwork is a plus. Must have a creative portfolio and/or project samples.
Junior Production Artist
Candidates should be able to accurately implement quick revisions to match a client's, Director's or other team member request in Adobe CS4+. Must be well organized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines. Willingness to learn and operate digital and pressroom equipment. Experience proofing, preflighting, prepress and familiar with image compression, file/color correction and optimization techniques.
Minimum skills/competencies/credentials/attributes to be considered:
• Associate Degree in accredited Graphic Design or related program, or
• 2+ Years working in Digital production Environment, or
• 3-5 Years in a Graphic Design, Sign-shop or In-house Marketing Department
• Excellent typesetting, verbal, math and communication skills
• Ability to work well both independently and with a team.
• Candidates may be asked to take a skills assessment test
• Portfolio to reflect experience
This is not a Design position. Candidates with previous sign-shop, exhibit and label experience a plus. Responsible for daily operation of wide-format printers, cut plotters and hot-foil machines. Creation of print ready color separated files, manufacturing and inspection.
Mid-Level Graphic Designer
Graphic design is part of this high energy creative position, it occupies 80% of the workload and requires timeliness, attention and positive attitude. The ideal candidate will use the other 20% problem-solving in a production environment, creating and editing digital files, color correcting and effectively releasing files to various sources including: plates, dies, 4C digital and large format devices.
• Design: consulting with companywide staff in the creation and development of original artwork in a timely manner
• Supervise: develop concept and mentor jr designers on technique, color and type through project completion
• Digital Prepress: preparing files for output in time and cost effective manner
• Self-managing communication with account reps., customers and in-house depts.
• Learn new software to expand product and creative offerings
• 3-5 years working experience in a design-for-print; either Mac and PC Networked environment
• 1-3 years as team leader or lead designer with multiple clients and campaigns
• Highly Detail-oriented and organized
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritize daily schedule
• Ability to supervise and mentor designers through completion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation